What does Calendly do?
- It allows you to set up Events where you can send links to people and have them schedule times that work for them based on your calendar availability
Why do I need it?
- It makes scheduling more efficient
- It allows you to put the ball in the client’s/vendor’s court so they can schedule a time that works for them and avoids open-ended emails and unnecessary back and forth:
- BAD - When can I log into your computer?
- BAD - I’ll log in around 11:00a if that’s alright?
- BAD - Is there a good time next week for me to login?
- GOOD - Please use the link below to schedule a time that works for you and I will log in then.
- GOOD - I’ll log in at Tuesday 10/18 at 2:00p unless I hear otherwise from you.
How do I get an account?
- Start by making sure you like it by signing up for a Basic account with your @itjones.com email. Basic accounts have access to 1 event.
- If you love Calendly and use it for client business to set up multiple events, you can request to have Ersinan or Andy set up a Premium account for you.
- More information on the Calendly Policy in the in the Jones IT Manifesto.
- Differences in Calendly account types: https://calendly.com/pages/pricing
Personal Event Types:
- 15 Minutes
- 30 Minutes
- 60 Minutes
- Others: Customizable
Team Event Types:
- If you are part of a team (e.g. New Partner Team), you can create a Round Robin OR Collective event type
- Round Robin - Gets assigned to whoever is free
- Collective - Everyone is required to be there and they can only schedule when everyone is free
What event is this?
- Set the Event name
- Add the location
- Add a description
- Customize the link
When can people book this event?
- Duration of the event
- Date Range: Over specified # of days, date range, indefinitely
- Set your availability for each day individually or for every day
- Availability in increments of
- Max number of events per day
- Minimum scheduling notice
- Buffers before and after an event
DONE - Event type is now created and you can copy the link to insert in emails for people to schedule time that works for them and you.
Important consideration: Keep your calendars updated. If you have an obligation that is not on your calendar, calendly doesn’t know about it and will allow people to schedule during that time.
More Resources & Articles:
Share your link:
Tracking/Reporting from your Dashboard:
Last but not least, please click here for the onboarding recording.
As always, please reach out to Support@calendly.com or checkout our Knowledge Base for any additional assistance- we’re here to help. :)