How to change triggers when people are OOO
Note: Triggers operate on what’s entered in the primary and secondary fields under the organization in Zendesk. We need to change primary triggers anytime someone is out of office or at a full day onsite to ensure things don’t fall through the cracks.
- Navigate to Zendesk Settings > Business Rules > Select Triggers
- Locate the primary trigger of the person that is out and:
- Rename with “OOO” in front for easy identification
- Under actions change Assignee to the person taking the trigger
- Always nice to slack the person’s involved to let them know the trigger has been changed: “@Drew’s trigger is now pointing at @Justin”
- When that person is back in the office, revert the changes you made to have it point back to them.