Create a survey using Google Forms
You can plan events, make a survey or poll, give students a quiz, or collect other information in an easy, streamlined way with Google Forms. You can create a form from Google Drive or from an existing spreadsheet that can record the responses to your form.
- Go to docs.google.com/forms.
- In the top left, click Blank .
- A new form will automatically open.
You can add any questions you want in the form template. You can also organize your form by adding headers and dividing your form into several pages. Learn more about editing your form.
Note: Create a form in Google Drive by going to drive.google.com and clicking New More Google Forms.
Create a form from a spreadsheet in Google Sheets
To poll, survey, quiz, or otherwise collect information using a form from a spreadsheet in Google Sheets:
- While working with a spreadsheet, click Insert Form.
- A message will display at the top of the page notifying you that a new form has been created.
- To begin editing your form, click Add questions here in the message.
- To get rid of this message and continue editing your spreadsheet, click Dismiss.
- If you dismiss this message, you can edit your form at any time. Click Form Edit form.
- A new form will automatically be created. A new tab will appear at the bottom of your spreadsheet labeled “Form responses,” where all responses to your form will be added.