If you’ve read all the previous artciles, attended all the onsite training sessions, and reviewed all the resource guides (here), you get a Gold Star! We’re super proud of you for being ready for when we cutover to Office 365 & Outlook...you’re really on your way to being a true Office 365 geek…
For the rest of you, don’t worry, be happy...we still love you and got your back. As we mentioned in our previous articles, we’re taking care of all your stuff (email, contacts, and calendars) and the Jones IT team will be there for you onsite 100% on the first business day following the cutover in case you need anything.
Once the change goes through, we recommend the following:
- Once the cutover goes through, remember to go to use your new Outlook profile or portal.office365.com from now on to check email. Note that the cutover can take up to 24 hours so you'll want to continue checking your old Outlook profile as well as your new Outlook profile (or login.microsoftonline.com) until the day after the cutover date. Usually the cutover takes about an hour.
- We recommend adding your new accounts to your mobile device & update signatures. To do so, check out the following instructions.
How to setup Outlook email on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars >Accounts > Add account > Email.
- In the Add Account page, tap Exchange.
How to setup Outlook email on Android
- Tap Settings > Accounts > Add account > Email.
- Type your full email address, for example email@example.com, type your password, and then tap Next.
How to setup Outlook Signatures
On Outlook desktop
- On the Home tab, choose New Email.
- On the Message tab, in the Include group, choose Signature > Signatures.
- In the E-mail account list, choose an email account to associate with the signature.
- In the New messages list, choose the signature that you want to be added automatically to all new email messages. If you don't want to auto sign your email messages, accept the default option of(none).
- In the Replies/forwards list, choose the signature that you want to be added automatically (auto sign) when you reply to or forward messages. Otherwise, accept the default option of (none).
On Outlook web app
- Sign in to Outlook Web App. For help, see Sign in to Outlook Web App.
- On the nav bar, choose Outlook (or Mail).
- Or Choose App launcher > Outlook.
- Or Under Options, choose MAIL > Layout > Email signature.
On Android devices
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the email app.
- Touch the menu .
- Scroll down and touch Settings.
- Touch the account you'd like to add the signature to.
- Touch Signature.
- Type in your signature.
- Touch OK.
On Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Tap Settings on the iPhone Home screen.
- Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Signature under Mail.
- To set up one signature for all your email accounts:
- Make sure All Accounts is selected.
- Enter your desired signature.
- Make sure Per Account is selected.
- Edit the signature for each desired account as you please.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Jones IT (firstname.lastname@example.org, 415.578.7111, support.itjones.com) and we will be more than happy to help you.