If you’ve read all the previous articles, attended all the onsite training sessions, and reviewed all the resource guides (here), you get a Gold Star! We’re super proud of you for being ready for your company's migration day, when we cutover to G Suite & Gmail...you’re really on your way to being a true G Suite geek…
For the rest of you, don’t worry, be happy...we still love you and got your back. As we mentioned in our previous articles, we’re taking care of all your stuff (email, contacts, and calendars) and the Jones IT team will be there for you onsite 100% on the first business day following the cutover in case you need anything.
Once the change goes through, we recommend the following:
- Once the cutover goes through, remember to go to gmail.com from now on to check email. Note that the cutover can take up to 24 hours so you'll want to continue checking your Outlook as well as your gmail until the day after the cutover date. Usually the cutover takes about an hour.
- We recommend adding your new accounts to your mobile device & update signatures. To do so, check out the following instructions.
How to setup Google Sync on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
Enter the following settings in your Apple device.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- Under Email, enter your full Gmail or Google Account email address (i.e. email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Enter m.google.com as the Server.
- Leave the Domain field blank. (Really.)
- Enter your full Gmail or Google Account email address as the Username.
- Enter your account password next to Password.
- Change the Description to reflect what you want the account to be called. (You can do this later, too.)
- Tap Next.
- Select what you want to sync (Mail, Calendar, Contacts, Reminders).
- Tap Save.
How to setup G Suite on Android
To use the native G Suite mail, contacts, and calendar apps on your Android, you need to sign in to your G Suite account.
- Touch the Settings > Accounts > Add account > Google to add your G Suite account.
How to setup Gmail Signatures
On your computer, Signatures are separated from the rest of your message by two dashes. To see a signature in Gmail, click the Show trimmed content button at the bottom of the message.
Add a signature...
On a computer, open Gmail
- At the top right, click the settings icon .
- Select Settings. (GO TO GMAIL SETTINGS)
- Scroll down to the "Signature" section and enter your new signature text in the box.
- Optional: Format your text using the buttons above the text box.
- At the bottom of the page, click Save Changes.
On Android devices
- On your Android phone or tablet, open the Gmail app.
- Touch the menu .
- Scroll down and touch Settings.
- Touch the account you'd like to add the signature to.
- Touch Signature.
- Type in your signature.
- Touch OK.
On Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch
- Tap Settings on the iPhone Home screen.
- Go to Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap Signature under Mail.
- To set up one signature for all your email accounts:
- Make sure All Accounts is selected.
- Enter your desired signature.
- To have iOS Mail use signatures specific to accounts:
- Make sure Per Account is selected.
- Edit the signature for each desired account as you please.